Saturday, August 29, 2015

Steamed minced pork with tung choy

I am always very interested in trying out steamed dishes because they are usually easy to prepare and require less monitoring - meaning I can steal some time to wash the dishes and take a peek to see what my son was doing. One recipe I often cooked is Steam minced meat on egg tofu as it is easy and my son loves it. I was googling "steamed minced meat" and one of the blog posts that caught my eye from GoodyFoodies! - Steamed minced pork with tung choy

It is a common home cooked dish but my mum has never really cook this for me. I read that this is more of a Cantonese dish and I am Hainanese/Teochew. That explains why! haha I bought a pack of tung choy from the wet market and quickly got down to making my own version below.

Ingredients
250g Minced meat 
2 Tbsp Tung choy
1/2 tsp Minced garlic
1 dried shiitake mushroom
Cornstarch
Soy sauce
Pepper
Sesame oil
Coriander 

Recipe
1. Soak the dried shiitake mushroom and cut it into slices when it has softened.
2. Soak tung choy in water then rinse it before chopping it into smaller pieces. 
3. To the minced meat, add tung choy, mushrooms, minced garlic and mix well.
4. Add some cornstarch and season with soy sauce and pepper. Mix well using a spoon or if you prefer, using one hand. (I find that using hand is easier.) 
5. Put the meat mixture on a metal plate and spread it out evenly and thinly. Drizzle sesame oil and steam it for about 8 to 10 minutes.
6. Put chopped coriander leaves on top and serve hot.

No comments:

Post a Comment