Saturday, August 22, 2015

Thai Turmeric chicken

When I started on my cooking adventure, I tend to buy some ingredients that are necessary for some dishes but not regularly used in my daily cooking. One of these items sitting in my kitchen is turmeric powder. I faintly remembered I bought one bottle of turmeric powder when I wanted to make butter rice. To make better use of my turmeric powder, I came across this recipe in Serious eats - Grilled Thai Turmeric chicken and quickly got down to doing it on the same day. I skipped some ingredients like cilantro stems, coriander seeds which I do not have on hand in my kitchen. The beauty of home cooking is you do not have to necessarily follow so strictly to the recipes!


Ingredients
2 large chicken legs (skin on)
1/2 tsp white pepper
4 large cloves of garlic
3 tbsp fish sauce
2 tbsp oyster sauce
1 tbsp turmeric powder
2 tbsp brown sugar  


Recipe
1. Pound the garlic into a paste using a food processor.
2. Put all the marinate ingredients in a bowl and mix well.
3. Coat chicken legs with the marinate well and refrigerate for at least 1 to 2 hours. (I marinated mine for 6 hrs)
4. Bake in pre-heated oven at 200 degree celcius for 40 minutes. Turn the chicken in between the baking to get it cooked evenly. (Alternatively you can grill it.)
5. Remove from oven and serve. 



No comments:

Post a Comment