Tuesday, August 11, 2015

Minced meat omelette

This is one of my favourite childhood dish. I love the smell when my mum cooks this in the kitchen. Very simple yet appetizing to go with rice or porridge.


Ingredients

Minced meat
2-3 eggs
Soy sauce
Pepper
Fish sauce (optional)

Recipe

1. Marinate minced meat with some soy sauce and pepper.
2. Crack 2-3 eggs in a bowl and beat them till well combined with a fork. You can add a little soy sauce and fish sauce in the eggs. I noticed that adding fish sauce makes it quite salty so you can skip this if you prefer less salty.
3. Heat some oil in the pan and add in the marinated minced meat. Cook till it is brown and remove to set aside.
4. Using the same pan, pour in the eggs and cook it under medium fire. After a few minutes, you will see the surface of the eggs bubbling a little and drying up, pour back the minced meat onto the eggs.
5. Try to lift the edge of the egg with your spatula. If it comes up easily and is browning at the side, you can flip it up to cover and make a semi-circle. Let it cook for a little while to seal up the omelette then remove from pan to serve.

Making omelette is easy but requires patience. When I first learn how to make them, I always started flipping it too early and end up with scrambled eggs. After a few times trying, I realised that I just need to be patient and wait. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment