Saturday, August 22, 2015

Rice cooker Kamameshi

Kamameshi (釜飯) literally translates to "kettle rice" and it is cooked in an iron pot called "kama". I remembered whenever I order this from Japanese restaurants, they would bring the whole iron pot to you and asked you to wait for 20 minutes when it is being cooked. When you opened the lid, it really smells heavenly. (I am a rice lover!) I have tried salmon and scallop kamameshi and loved the flavoured rice. 

Chicken Kamameshi - I referenced from this blog Oggi when I was searching for a rice cooker version of kamameshi. Never mind about the iron pot, I was so excited to try out the recipe!



Ingredients
1 1/4 cup Jasmine rice 
1 section of carrot (diced) 
1/2 pack of Bunashimeiji mushrooms (diced) 
1/2 onion (diced) 
2 cloves garlic (minced) 
1 tbsp soy sauce 
1 cup chicken broth (about 250ml) 
1 tbsp sugar 
1 teaspoon salt 
50ml water 

Recipe
1. Wash and drain the rice. Set aside for 30 minutes.
2. Mix the last 4 ingredients together. Taste and adjust the seasoning to your liking. 
3. Put the rice and vegetables into the rice cooker. 
4. Add in the seasoning and 50ml water.  
5. Cook in the rice cooker till it is done. Stir evenly and serve. 

Love the mild soy sauce fragrance on the rice and the texture of the rice came out fantastic. I omitted sake so that my son could take it. Good opportunity for me to slip in lots of vegetables for him too. ^^

No comments:

Post a Comment