Monday, August 31, 2015

Chocolate chip cookies

Who doesn't love chocolate chip cookies? Although I like to eat cookies, I rarely have cravings and almost never buy cookies. lol The only time I would buy is probably at Subway but those are the soft chewy type of cookies. Today I am sharing this recipe which is probably closer to the crunchy types. The recipe is adapted from Joey Foo's crunchy chocolate chip!


Ingredients
250g Plain flour
160g Unsalted butter
120g Brown sugar
10g Caster sugar
1 Egg
100g Chocolate chips
1/2 tsp Baking soda
4 tsp Baking powder
Pinch of salt

Recipe
1. Pre-heat the oven to 160 degree celcius. Put flour, baking soda and powder and salt in a bowl and whisk to mix well.
2. Cream the butter and sugar till pale and fluffy.
3. Add in the egg and mix well.
4. Add in the flour in batches and ensure the flour is well incorporated. (Avoid overmixing as it will result in tough cookies)
5. Finally mix in the chocolate chips. You can chill the dough in the fridge if you like.  Read Chilling cookie dough for more information)
6. Using two spoons, scoop the cookie dough and place it on the baking tray lined with parchment paper. Use your fingers to gently shape the cookie dough into small mounds. Ensure there are spaces in between as the cookie will spread during the baking process. Alternatively you can use an ice cream scoop. Bake at 160 degree celcius for 15 minutes.

It was my first time making cookies and I must say this is quite straightforward and fun. My son had joined in to watch how the cookies are made. I made him participated in the last step by pouring in the chocolate chips. He loved the cookies and made me bring it to his favourite teachers!

No comments:

Post a Comment