Sunday, August 23, 2015

Daikon miso soup

White radish is one of my favourite vegetables to use for making Chinese soups. I bought a really big one this week and after cooking Radish soup with Pork ribs, I still have some leftover. I was thinking what can I do with it as I did not want to make the same soup again. So I was on the net again searching for a possible recipe to try - Daikon radish and carrot miso soup. Love the idea of doing miso soup as it is quick and easy! 

Ingredients
White radish
Carrot
Instant dashi
White miso
Chopped spring onions (optional)

Recipe
1. Cut the white radish into long strips.
2. In the pot, add in the white radish, instant dashi and water. Cook till the radish strips are softened. (you can taste the soup and add in more dashi if required at this step)
3. While the radish is being cooked, cut the carrots into strips too. (shorter than the radish)
4. Add the carrot strips to the pot and simmer till soft. Turn off the heat.
5. Add in the miso paste to the taste you required. (I added about 2 tbsp)
6. Sprinkle in the spring onions and serve.

I must say the white radish gives a nice flavour to the miso soup. It tasted different from the miso soup that you get outside - a mild sweet radish taste blending well with the miso. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment