Friday, August 21, 2015

Banana cake

My mum has given me a bunch of bananas to eat but I made them into cake instead. I love banana cakes more than banana itself. My first attempt baking banana cake in rice cooker made me fall in love with the lovely banana smell during baking. Being new to baking, I seldom venture into the different cakes but always ended up baking banana cakes. (maybe also due to my mum keep passing me bananas!)

In this post, I would to share this Soft & Fluffy Banana Cake recipe by MiMi Bakery House. This was the second recipe I came across after trying the famous online rice cooker recipe. As what MiMi Bakery House describes, this is really soft and fluffy. Definitely a keeper!





Ingredients
3 Eggs
125g Sugar
200g Banana (mashed)
150g Plain flour
1/2 tsp Baking powder
1/4 tsp Baking soda
100g Oil 

Recipe
1. Pre-heat the oven to 160 degree celcius.
2. Grease and line an 8 inch round tin. (I used 2 disposable rectangular aluminum trays)
3. Sieve the flour, baking powder and baking soda together and set aside.
4. Whisk eggs, sugar and banana at maximum speed till stiff/ribbon stage. (I whisked using a hand mixer at speed 4 and it took me about 10 minutes! Have to be really patient to wait till the stiff stage.)
5. Fold in the flour and mix well. (I did it in batches so that it can be well incorporated.)
6. Add in the oil and mix well to get shiny and flowy batter. (Better to add in batches too for this.)
7. Bake for 40-45 minutes.



No comments:

Post a Comment