Saturday, September 26, 2015

Steamed minced meat on egg tofu

It has been a while since I last blogged my recipes. My laptop was down (I probably need a new laptop), my son has been down with fever and cough and Singapore was also down with very bad haze weather. I have taken a stretch of leave to care for my son at home and it was really exhausting compared to going to work. He requested for me to cook his favourite egg tofu again and I decided to make the easy dish that I often cooked when I have no idea what to prepare - steamed minced meat on egg tofu!


Ingredients
1 tube egg tofu
Minced meat
Coriander
Wolfberries
Soy sauce
Pepper 
Sesame oil
Water/stock 

Recipe
1. Marinate the minced meat with some soy sauce, pepper and sesame oil. I added some chopped coriander for some additional flavour as I happened to have it in my fridge.
2. Soak the wolfberries in a bowl of water to soften. Cut the egg tofu into small circles and place them on the steaming plate.
3. Using a small spoon, scoop some marinated meat and use your hand to shape it before putting it on the egg tofu. Remove water from the bowl and place a wolfberry on the top of the minced meat (as shown in the pic). The remaining wolfberries just scatter them around the steaming plate.
4. For the steaming sauce, just make a solution of soy sauce and water and pour it from the side into the steaming plate. I was cooking ABC soup so I took some of the soup and added soy sauce instead.
5. Turn on the electric steamer till it is hot then steam it for 10 to 12 minutes.

This is perfect for weekday cooking isn't it? Once you put the dish into steamer, you have free time to prepare another dish or do some washing before the dinner starts. :) For variation, you can add in some fish paste or chopped prawns or even switch the minced meat to prawns. Sometimes I would add in some chopped onions to add some sweetness and texture to the minced meat.

No comments:

Post a Comment