Saturday, September 5, 2015

Banana yoghurt bread

I have recently baked two banana recipes - fluffy banana cake and banana walnut cupcake. Now I got another bunch of bananas from my mum to clear. One of my colleagues told me if she were me, she would prefer to eat the bananas rather than baking it. Strangely I love banana cakes very much but not exactly a fan of the fruit itself. Anyway, I had one plain yoghurt sitting in my fridge for quite some days. What can I do to kill 2 birds with 1 stone? The answer is Greek yogurt banana bread from Running with spoons. The ingredients are available at home and I was so curious about not adding any oil or butter. How would it turn out to be? ^^


Ingredients
1 1/2 cup Plain flour
1 1/2 tsp Baking soda
1/2 tsp Salt
2 Eggs (lightly beaten)
2 Bananas (approx 1 cup mashed)
1/2 cup Plain yogurt
1/4 cup Maple syrup
2 Tbsp Brown sugar 

Recipe
1. Pre-heat the oven to 180 degree celcius and grease the bread pan.
2. Sieve the flour, baking soda and salt in a large bowl. Mix well.
3. In another bowl, put in the beaten eggs then add mashed banana, yogurt, maple syrup and brown sugar. Mix well after each addition.
4. Pour the wet ingredients into the dry ingredients. Stir gently using spatula till it is well combined. Do not overmix.
5. Pour the batter into the bread pan and bake for 35 to 40 minutes. Mine finished baking at 35 minutes. Check with a toothpick to poke and see if the middle comes clean.
6. Remove from oven and let it cool for at least 10 minutes before transferring to cooling rack.

I am quite satisfied with the result although there is definitely room for improvement. It is my first bread. :) The bread smells really great when it was baking. It does not taste sweet at all even with the brown sugar. (note: original recipe calls for 1/4 cup but I decided to add in 2 Tbsp last minute.) My husband gave it thumbs up too! Very healthy bread too with the yogurt and oil-free. I can see myself making this again!

No comments:

Post a Comment