Saturday, September 12, 2015

Spicy salmon fusilli

A trip down to the supermarket with my family with a trolley and we ended up buying a lot of stuffs which I usually don't buy. That includes a cute bag of alphabet pasta for my son and fusilli for us. In order to put it to good use, I decided to make pasta for a quick lunch. I remembered how I used to buy pasta sauce and always ended up throwing away the unfinished portion because I only used it once or twice before it expired. So this time, I tried to make a simple sauce with whatever I had at home in order not to waste and it was a good lunch!

Ingredients
Fusilli
Salmon
Chilli sauce
Tomato sauce
Italian herbs 
1 finely chopped onion
1 tsp chopped garlic
Salt
Pepper

Recipe
1. Marinate the salmon with salt, pepper and olive oil and steam it till it is done (about 7 minutes for me).
2. Use a fork to flake the salmon and set aside.
3. In a pot of boiling water, add some salt and put in the fusilli. Boil it for 8 minutes or until al dente. Sieve the fusilli and put it on the serving plate.
4. Heat up the wok and add some oil. Once the oil is hot, add in the chopped onions then the garlic. Cook till the onion turns translucent.
5. Put in the chilli sauce and tomato sauce (I used equal proportion, you can adjust to your taste). Then add in some water.
6. Let it boil till it starts to thicken. Add in 1/2 tsp of Italian herbs.You can adjust the taste or the thickness  of the sauce here.
7. Add the salmon flakes and mix well. Transfer the sauce onto the fusilli.
8. You can add some steamed broccoli if you like to have some vegetables.

For my son's portion, I did not add any chilli sauce. It was done with only tomato sauce and tasted great too. I think it would be great to add in chopped tomatoes too if you happened to have it in your kitchen.


No comments:

Post a Comment