Saturday, September 12, 2015

Lime honey jelly

I was cutting vegetables to make Japanese curry for dinner when an idea suddenly popped in my mind. I had bought a bag of small limes with plans to make lime honey tea for my husband when I am free. Then I had this idea to make lime honey jelly which sounds great for this hot hazy weather. So I tried it out with the gelatine that I had at home and it was great success! ^^b

Ingredients
2 small limes
3 Tbsp honey
250 ml water
3 tsp gelatin 

Recipe
1. Heat up 250ml of water till it is warm. (note: not boiling, just warm enough to dissolve the gelatin)
2. Cut the limes into halves and squeeze the juice into a small bowl. Remove the seeds and pour the juice into the warm water.
3. Add in 3 Tbsp of honey then stir to mix well.
4. Add 3 tsp of gelatin and mix thoroughly till it is fully dissolved.
5. Pour into desired container and let it cool down before transferring to the fridge.
6. It will take about 4 hours to set. Best to let it chill overnight in fridge before serving.

The above recipe will make 2 cups of jelly which is just nice for my family of three. You can adjust the taste of the jelly before you add the gelatin. It is better to make it sweeter than your desired taste as it will taste less sweet when it is done. The amount of gelatin will determine the firmness of your jelly. If you decrease the gelatin, it will become more wobbly. Mine is closer to the firmer texture. I actually like this jelly more than konnyaku jelly as it is less of a choking hazard for toddlers. 

No comments:

Post a Comment