Friday, April 1, 2016

Steamed salmon with lemon

This week has been a little hazy on and off and my poor little boy is down with runny nose and cough. So I have been trying to do steam dishes everyday so that it is less heaty for him. Whenever I steam salmon, I will stick to soy sauce and keep it simple as salmon has more flavour compared to other fish. I was wondering if I could try a different variation of steamed salmon and lemon came to my mind. I happened to have it in my fridge as it is very useful for various dishes.


Ingredients
1 Salmon fillet
Lemon slices
Ginger
Spring onion
Sesame oil
Salt
Cooking wine

Sauce
1 tbsp soy sauce
1 tsp lemon juice
1 tsp sugar
1 tsp cooking wine 
3 tbsp water

Recipe
1. Rub salt over the salmon fillet and pour 1 tsp cooking wine on it. Let it marinate for 5 minutes.
2. Prepare the sauce by mixing the listed ingredients above and set aside.
3. Cut some ginger slices and place them on the steaming plate. This is to prevent the salmon skin from sticking onto the plate. Also cut some ginger strips and chop some spring onions for garnishing.
4. Discard any liquid from the salmon and place the salmon on the steaming plate. Arrange some ginger strips, followed by lemon slices then spring onions.
5. Drizzle some sesame oil, then pour the sauce onto  the salmon.
6. Steam using electric steamer until it is done.

Did you notice my salmon was not a complete piece? I actually asked the uncle from the fish stall to help me cut into 3 portions. It is easy to thaw and I can steam one piece if I want to cook a smaller portion. :) 



No comments:

Post a Comment