Saturday, April 2, 2016

Stir fry cabbage with bunashimeiji mushrooms

I like to buy cabbage and cook it nearer to the end of the week. The reason is simply because I only go marketing once a week on weekends. When I first started this whole marketing/cooking, I was unaware of how fast the vegetables will spoil and always ended up throwing some yellowed vegetables. Through experience, now I know cabbage is one of the more lasting vegetables that I can safely leave it in my fridge for a few days and not having to worry about it spoiling. And it's very easy to cook too!






Ingredients
1/2 Beijing cabbage
1 tsp dried shrimps
Chopped garlic
Bunashimeiji mushrooms
Oyster sauce 

Recipe
1. Soak the dried shrimps till soften and cut off the bottom parts of the mushrooms. Cut the cabbage into half. Cut off the thick part of the cabbage and cut the cabbage into slices. (thickness to your liking)
2. Heat up some oil in the wok and put in the chopped garlic and dried shrimps.
3. Let it cook till you can smell the nice fragrance of the dried shrimps.
4. Put in the bunashimeji mushrooms and give it a good stir before putting on the cover to let it cook for a while. 
5. Open the cover and add the cabbage. Mix well and put on the cover again. Allow the cabbage to release the moisture and cook. (The timing will depends on how you prefer the texture to be. My family likes softer texture so I will leave it to cook and check from time to time to ensure it is not dry up. You can add a little water if it is too dry.)
6. Season with oyster sauce according to your taste. Stir well and let it cook for another few minutes before dishing up to serve.

This can be a rather good time saving dish. I must admit sometimes after I add the cabbage in and cover, I will proceed to do other stuffs like washing some dish, seasoning the soup or even checking out my son in the living room. You don't have to keep watching the cabbage being cooked! :) 




No comments:

Post a Comment