Thursday, April 7, 2016

Blueberry yoghurt muffins

This week is muffin week as declared by my boy. I will usually prepare simple jam or kaya sandwich for him to bring to school but he requested me to bake for him.  With blueberries and yoghurt in my fridge, I decided to try making muffins. Since the steps are relatively simple, I asked him to join me in making them. He had a good time mixing the ingredients! There are many recipes and I decided to try this recipe from Taste of Home - blueberry yogurt muffins.


Ingredients
1 cup of plain flour
6 tbsp sugar
1/8 tsp salt
1/4 tsp baking powder
1/4 tsp baking soda
1/3 cup fresh blueberries
1 egg
1/2 cup plain yoghurt
1/2 tsp vanilla essence
2 tbsp fresh milk
3 tbsp olive oil

Recipe
1. Put all the dry ingredients into a bowl. Stir and mix well.
2. In another bowl, put in the wet ingredients and whisk till well combined.
3. Pour the blueberries into the bowl of dry ingredients and mix well. Then pour the wet ingredients into the bowl. Gently use a spatula to fold till you do not see traces of flour. Do not overmix.
4. Fill the cups to about 3/4 full. Bake in oven at 180 degree celcius for 20 minutes or until the toothpick comes out clean when inserted in centre of muffin.




No comments:

Post a Comment