Saturday, April 23, 2016

Baked grouper with cheese and panko

How do you like to cook your fish? My first choice is always steam because it is easy and does not make your kitchen oily. Next is pan fried - although I love the taste, it always make my kitchen oily. This time I tried to cook my fish a different way - baked in oven with panko. I must say, my boy is really not used to eating fish like this but my husband said it's not that bad tasting.


Ingredients
2 portion of red grouper (or any firm white fish / I think fillet works even better)
1/2 cup Panko (breadcrumbs)
1/4 cup grated Gouda cheese 
1 tbsp butter
1 tbsp lemon juice 
Salt
Black pepper

Recipe
1. Season the fish with salt and black pepper and set aside.
2. Melt the butter in a bowl and add lemon juice to it. Mix well. 
3. Coat the fish in the butter mixture and place on the baking tray.
4. In a bowl, mix the grated cheese and panko together. This time I did not add any oil to the panko and it does not brown that well. I suggest you can add some butter/oil to the panko so that it will brown nicely.
5. Spread the panko mixture over the fish nicely. I think it is easier to spread all over when it is fillet.
6. Bake it in oven at 180 degree celcius till it is cooked. You can check with a toothpick or fork to see if can pierce through the centre nicely. Mine took about 20 minutes as it was quite thick.
7. Sprinkle some parsley on top if you like.

No comments:

Post a Comment