Tuesday, November 17, 2015

Baked chicken leg with tomato sauce

Today is only Tuesday and I am already feeling so worn out. Coming back home, the only thought on my mind is to prepare the dinner in the simplest way and serve dinner asap. Last week I baked chicken leg with five spice powder and this week I am back to baking chicken legs again! lol At least for this week, this is the preferred method for cooking cuz it is my cheat method for saving time. While the chicken is nicely cooking in the oven, I use the time to blanch the vegetables and wash up the dirty dishes.

Ingredients
2 chicken legs (boneless)

Marinate
3 Tbsp worcestershire sauce
3 Tbsp tomato sauce
1 Tbsp honey
1/2 tsp garlic powder
Some black pepper
Pinch of salt

Recipe
1. Put all ingredients for the marinate in a small bowl and mix well.
2. Marinate the chicken using some of the sauce for a few minutes. (a few tablespoon of sauce, as long as enough to cover the chicken will do)
3. Heat up a pan and pan fry the chicken on both sides. Remove when the skin turns brown.
4. Preheat the oven at 200 degree celcius and arrange the chicken on the baking tray with skin side up.
5. Pour the remaining sauce onto the chicken and let it bake till juice runs clear. I baked mine for about 15 minutes.

I tried to pan fry the chicken first because I wanted to try to see if it makes any difference and to shorten the baking time too. My husband said the chicken is slightly not-so-tender at some parts which I am not sure whether it is due to me pan frying first or I just bake it too long. Maybe next time I will just marinate and put the chicken straight into the oven to see if it is better. ^^



No comments:

Post a Comment