Saturday, October 17, 2015

Minced meat egg fried rice

Ever since I started cooking, this was my second time attempting fried rice. I still remember the first time I made salmon egg fried rice and this time I tried to make using minced meat. My inspiration came from a youtube video of 阿基師 making egg fried rice. I was so impressed by his method of doing it and seriously it is just easy and yummy!



Ingredients
1 1/2 portion of cooked white rice
carrot
long beans
fresh shiitake mushrooms
minced meat 
2 eggs
minced garlic 
chopped spring onions

Recipe
1. Cut the vegetables (carrot, long beans and shiitake mushrooms) into cubes. Steam carrot and long beans for about 5 to 10 minutes while setting aside the cubed mushrooms. I did this to quicken the cooking process as I was rushing to serve dinner. :p Then, while steaming, marinate the minced meat with sesame oil, soy sauce and pepper.
2. Crack the eggs and separate the egg yolks from the egg whites. Place the egg yolks onto the cooked white rice in a bowl and mix well to coat the rice evenly using a spatula.
3. Heat up the oil in the wok and add in minced garlic. Stir fry the garlic till fragrant then add in the marinated minced meat to cook. When the meat is almost cooked, add in the cubed mushrooms. Remove from wok to set aside.
4. In the same wok, add in oil and pour in the egg white. Do a scrambled egg white then add in the cooked rice. Stir fry till the rice becomes dry and the grains are not sticking to each other.
5. Add in the meat and vegetables to give a quick stir fry and season with some soya sauce and pepper. Garnish with chopped spring onions and it is done.

Sorry if the ingredients looked a bit strange as I was clearing the vegetables in the fridge. Well, fried rice is really one of the best way to combine the leftovers! As a gauge, I think 2 eggs for 1 portion of rice is good. The rice really looked nice and yellow even though my photo does not show well of that. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment