Monday, July 25, 2016

Stir fry pork slices with onions

For a beginner in cooking, I had many not so good experiences in preparing pork slices. I can still remember my first few times the pork turned out to be thick and tough to chew. But I never give up! I continue to "torture" my husband and son so that I can get better. lol Unfortunate for me, my husband never really likes ginger so I tried to use onion instead. It was great to hear him say, "I like it". Guess that is the real motivation to keep me cooking.

Ingredients
Approx 200g lean pork
1/4 yellow onion
Some chopped garlic

Marinade
Soy sauce
Chinese cooking wine
Cornstarch

Sauce
1 tbsp dark soy sauce (thick, sweet kind)
1 tbsp oyster sauce
1 tbsp Worcestershire sauce
3-4 tbsp water 
1 tsp sugar (you can adjust to your liking)

Recipe
1. Cut the lean pork into thin slices and marinate using soy sauce, chinese cooking wine and cornstarch. Set aside.
2. Slice the onions into thin slices. Prepare the sauce by mixing the ingredients into a bowl.
3. Heat up the pan and pan fry the onion slices till it turns translucent.
4. Add in the garlic to stir fry for a while then add in the marinated pork slices.
5. Stir fry till the pork slices are no longer pink then pour the sauce in.
6. Mix well and let it cook for a few minutes. (Do not cook for too long else the pork will turn tough) You can do a taste test here and adjust according to your liking.
7. Remove from pan and serve on plate. Garnish with some chopped spring onions if you have them.




No comments:

Post a Comment