Monday, July 25, 2016

Korean spring onion pancake

This was an impromptu dish prepared for one of our weekday dinners, all thanks to our friendly uncle manning the residents' vegetable garden. My son loves to visit him and he gave us a lot of spring onions. Usually I will use them for garnishing but this time I had so much I think it will take us a long time to finish it. So decided to try making a pancake to go with our dinner. For Korean cooking, I love to search for Maangchi's website. If you love Korean food and enjoy watching cooking videos, go search for hers in Youtube. For this recipe, please refer to the link -  pajeon! For your info, this recipe makes one pancake.


Ingredients
Few stalks of spring onions
 

Batter
1/2 cup flour
1/2 cup water
1 tsp taucheo beans
1/2 tsp sugar 

Sauce
2 tbsp soy sauce
1 tbsp vinegar
1 tsp honey
1 tsp sesame seeds

Recipe
1. Cut the spring onions into 3 inch length and set aside.
2. Using a metal spoon, mash the taucheo beans into paste. Add the rest of the batter ingredients into a bowl and mix well till you get a smooth batter.
3. Put some oil into the pan and heat it up. Place the spring onions parallel to each other and neatly into two rectangles.
4. Slowly add the batter in and let it cook. When the surface looks almost dry, pat it using the spatula and press it down a little.
5. When the bottom of the pancake turns golden brown, flip the pancake over and let it cook for a few minutes.
6. Flip back to the original side for a minute after the other side has turned golden brown.
7. Put the pancake on the plate and prepare the sauce by mixing the ingredients stated above.

Reminder to myself: I must double the recipe next time I make this! My husband complained it was too little. -_-"


No comments:

Post a Comment