Thursday, February 18, 2016

Steamed cod with wolfberries

It has been a while since I steamed cod fish because I did not have time to go wet market to buy from our usual stall. This is a simple recipe that I used many times! Very simple steps and the ingredients are easily available at home. I think I said it quite a few times but steaming dishes are good for weekday dinners because you can prepare another dish while steaming this to save time.

Ingredients
1 slice of cod
1 knob of ginger
1 Tbsp of wolfberries
Chopped spring onions
Soy sauce
Sesame oil
White pepper
Water

Recipe
1. Soak the wolfberries in a bowl then discard the water after it has softened.
2. Cut the ginger into strips and arrange some on the steaming dish.
3. Place the cod on the ginger strips and add some more ginger strips on top.
4. Put the soaked wolfberries on top of the cod and around the dish.
5. Put a dash of pepper on the fish and drizzle some sesame oil on it.
6. In another bowl, add in some water and soy sauce. This will be the steaming sauce. You can adjust the taste to your liking.
7. Pour the solution into the steaming dish and steam the fish till it is cooked. This really depends on how thick your fish is. Normally I would steam around 8-9 minutes.
8. Garnish the fish with chopped spring onions when it is done. Alternatively you can add in the spring onions to steam together with the fish but the colour of the spring onions will not be as nice.

This is one of my default dish when I don't have any ideas what to cook. It does not matter how simple the dish is, as long as my family likes it. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment