Saturday, February 6, 2016

Hotplate tofu

Hotplate tofu is one of my favourite dish to order whenever I go Tze Char. Although I do not have the hotplate at home, I tried to recreate the dish without the hotplate and my son loves it very much. Mine is a lot simpler and sometimes I will try to clear the leftover vegetables in the dish. This time I did not have much vegetables in my fridge hence I used only the carrot.


Ingredients
1 pack of egg tofu
80g minced meat
Carrot
Spring onions
Garlic
1 egg
Sesame oil
Soy sauce
White pepper
Cornstarch 

Sauce
Soy sauce
Oyster sauce
Sugar
White pepper
Water

Recipe
1. Marinate the minced meat with
sesame oil, soy sauce, cornstarch and white pepper. Cut the carrot into small cubes and spring onions into short strips. Cut the egg tofu into small round sections.
2. Add oil and pan fry the egg tofu in a saucepan. It takes about 2-3 minutes for each side to brown. Set aside once it is done. Prepare the sauce in a bowl.
2. Heat the wok, add in the oil followed by minced garlic. Fry a while till the garlic is fragrant then add in the carrot cubes. Stir fry for a while before adding in the minced meat and sauce. Put on the lid and let it cook.
3. Turn down the fire when the sauce is boiling. Check if the consistency is thick enough else you can add some cornstarch solution to thicken it. When the sauce consistency is done, add in the egg tofu and chopped spring onions and stir gently to coat evenly for a few minutes. Turn off the fire.
4. Heat up the saucepan again. (I just used the same one for pan frying the egg tofu). Beat the egg and pour into the saucepan. Swirl around and make sure it is evenly spread. Let it cooked till the top is almost dried up. Using a spatula, gently lift it up and transfer onto a plate.
5. Pour the minced meat egg tofu mixture on top of the egg and serve hot. 


I did not measure the sauce ingredients so please adjust on your own to your liking.

No comments:

Post a Comment