Tuesday, December 1, 2015

Baked salmon with cheese and capsicum

I have never really like capsicums since young. Maybe because my mum does not cook them. But I have learn to incorporate them in my cooking occasionally because I like the flavour it imparts on the meat and fish. Pardon my photo below cuz I know you cannot see the salmon at all due to overloading of cheese and capsicum. I was trying to clear the fridge... :p 


Ingredients
Salmon
Capsium (yellow & green)
Bunashimeiji
Salt
Pepper
Olive oil
Some stock
Shredded cheese mix  (for pizza etc.)
Dried parsley

Recipe
1. Marinate the salmon with salt and pepper and place them on the baking tray.
2. Cut the capsicum into cubes and remove the bottom parts of the bunashimeiji mushrooms. Arrange them on top of the salmon.
3. Add the shredded cheese on top to ensure it is covered.
4. Drizzle olive oil over it and add some stock to it. (I added the ABC soup I was cooking)
5. Bake at 180 degree celcius till it is cooked. (Mine took about 10 minutes)
6. Sprinkle dried parsley before serving.

I actually added in the stock last minute before I baked the salmon because I was worried that baking will make the salmon dry. With the stock, the salmon turned out to be nicely moist and taste great with the melted cheese. I also tried to make sure my salmon slices are not too thick and spread them nicely on the tray so that I can shorten the baking time.

Because this dish turned out to be better than expected, I was very happy! Good to try when you want to clear leftover capsicum. ^^

No comments:

Post a Comment