Wednesday, March 22, 2017

Stir fry spinach with bunashimeiji mushrooms

My usual cooking routine at home consists of a soup and two dishes and I will make sure that we will have one vegetable dish. This is very important as I always feel that when we eat out, we do not take in enough vegetables. But I don't really like to eat fibrous vegetable or vegetable stems. Yup I am a picky eater when it comes to vegetables. So my usual vegetable choices are broccoli, baby spinach (hoi chai), shanghai green or japanese green. Recently I discovered spinach is not bad too! When I am feeling lazy, I would just blanch it. But on other days, doing stir fry is great. :) 


Ingredients
Spinach
Bunashimeiji mushrooms
Garlic slices
Chicken stock powder
Sugar
Soy sauce
Sesame oil 

Recipe
1. Heat the oil in the wok and add the garlic slices.
2. Stir fry till fragrant, then add in the spinach.
3. Stir fry at high heat till the spinach has wilted. Add in some water, chicken stock powder, sugar.
4. Let it cook for a while before seasoning with soy sauce and sesame oil. It is done!

Note: Usually I do not add sugar to vegetables but I find stir frying spinach sometimes has a bitter taste so adding sugar helps for me.

No comments:

Post a Comment